Canada in the 20th Century High School Course
- Softcover78 loose leaf for binder, online resources
(Course users - See our FAQs for information about accesssing your resources).
This is a multimedia full high school course which includes assignments, answer keys, rubrics, student samples and more. It combines film, text, living books, and web resources for rich content. Assignments contain istorical and critical thinking skills. Meets the requirements of Canadian History in all provinces.
Essential resources which must be purchased separately, include Canada, A People’s History DVDs Series 3 & 4, and Counterpoints text or etext.
See Feature Sheet (PDF)
Family Discount: This course is licensed to one student. With special permission by the publisher, additional students in the same family may receive a 30% discount on an additional student course access license and workbook.
Sample: You can view a sample of the student course book and an assignment below as a small part of the course material. See how this course fits your provincial high school requirements.
Required Resources below are not included in the course price:
1. Counterpoints: etext or hardcover. (Note: Counterpoints - this course is written for the 2nd edition but any edition will do, just note that the page numbers may not correspond exactly. )
2. Canada, A People's History videos are necessary to this course.
Canada, A People's History DVDs are not available as DVDs but can be accessed through libraries, or through online streaming at Curio.ca if your school or library are subscribers. Check here: Curio Subscribers. If you do not have access to Canada, A People's History, please email Donna at email@example.com for further information.
For the student
Single student consumable course workbook includes:
- Day by day course outline for easy implementation
- Assigned viewing & questions for Canada, A People’s History DVDs
- Assigned reading from Counterpoints text
- Assigned online resources including stories, videos and more
- Living resource lists including books & dvds
Student digital code for access to online resources for download includes:
- 22 Online assignments with marking rubrics
- Essays, Worksheets, Map Skills, Comprehension,
- Critical Thinking, Historical Thinking
- 18 Online quiz reviews with answer keys
- 8 Online unit tests with answer keys
- Final exam with rubric and marking scheme
- Online teaching videos including six historical thinking skills
- 62 Online resource pages with carefully reviewed links, videos & more
For the teacher
- Full answer key for student course workbook
- Full answer key for all assignments with marking rubrics
- Full answer keys for all quizzes and tests with marking rubrics
- Final exam with answer key and marking rubric
Canada in the 20th Century High School Course is Included in the Following
Other Items You Might Be Interested In
Request More Information