Canada is for Kids Volume 1
- HardcoverMusic CD
Michael Mitchell is a favourite school performer singing favourite folk songs and his own songs describing the history and culture of Canada. As a former writer and performer on Sesame Steet, he has quality music sure to be educational and loved by children and adults alike. Highly recommended!
1. Something to Sing About- A little Canadian flag-waving
2. Little Trees - written by Michael for the TV program Sesame Street
3. I'se the B'y - a Newfoundland favourite
4. The Island - now the official song of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
5. Farewell Nova Scotia - WWI song of a man who lost three brothers at sea
6. V'la l'Bon Vent - French-Canadian Voyageur paddling song
7. Canada in My Pocket - significance of the symbols on our Canadian coins
8. This Land is Your Land - a true Canadian geography lesson
9. The Log Driver's Waltz - an Ottawa Valley song about the logging industry
10.Lady Franklin's Lament - Sir John Franklin's wife quest on the fate the Northwest Passage expedition
11.Alberta Bound - A Toronto boy looses his heart to an Alberta girl
12.The Bluenose - the story of the country's most famous schooner
13.Fly High- tribute to the nation's aviators & theme song for Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame
14.Canada Is... almost an anthem for this country, and for Michael.
Michael Mitchell is a former songwriter and recording artist for Sesame Street and co-host of CTV's Storytime. Hespent 24 years as an Infantry Officer with The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada and has also been a military intelligence officer and paratrooper. He has been awarded Officer of the Order Military Merit, an honour higher than the Order of Canada. He has earned a black belt in Karate and is a qualified sailboat skipper. Michael was born in Montreal, Quebec and now lives in Victoria, BC.
Other Items In The Canada is for Kids Series
Other Items You Might Be Interested In
Request More Information