Canada is for Kids Volume 3
- HardcoverMusic CD
Deemed by the Canadian Children’s Book Centre to be a title of "Exceptional Calibre", this is the latest addition to this renowned collection of original and traditional Canadiana songs.
1. Come to Canada - Canada is a land of immigrants.
2. Big Wet Rodent Day - A tribute to our most revered rodent and national symbol.
3. The Kettle Valley Line - Riding the rails on this historic railway.
4. Les Raftsmen - A lively favorite of the French-Canadian woodsmen.
5. Donkey Riding - Written to make it truly Canadian.
6. Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall - You never get bored with Canadian weather
7. Let ‘Em Run (Ballad of the Yukon Quest) - Olympics of sled dog racing and the ultimate test of these magnificent teams (held every Feb.)
8. The Alberta Newfoundlander - Fort Mcmurray, AB was nicknamed 'Fort mcnewfie' for those working in the oil patch
9. Ratatat-tat - Nature is a wonderful teacher, but it can play tricks on your senses!
10.Fields of Rock and Snow - The life of early immigrant farmers in North Ontario
11.Ah! Si mon moine Voulait Danser - A French-Canadian favourite
12.I Like Walking in the Woods - let both your feet and imagination wander.
13.Tell Us a Story or Two - Some unique Canadian limericks.
Michael Mitchell is a former songwriter and recording artist for Sesame Street and co-host of CTV's Storytime. He spent 24 years as an Infantry Officer with The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada and has also been a military intelligence officer and paratrooper. He has been awarded Officer of the Order Military Merit, an honour higher than the Order of Canada. He has earned a black belt in Karate and is a qualified sailboat skipper. Michael was born in Montreal, Quebec and now lives in Victoria, BC.
Other Items In The Canada is for Kids Series
Other Items You Might Be Interested In
Request More Information