Coronavirus Explained : Articles & Resources
- Coronavirus Explained Video for kids
- Wash your hands experiment with cinnamon
- Wash your hands coloring/drawing page
2. Now teach children to wash their hands.
- Pour a dab of oil in palms and rub all over, front and back
- Sprinkle cinnamon over hands front and back and between fingers. Let kids muck a bit.
- Press hands on a paper towel to see the residue left on it.
- Press hands on a drinking glass to see the residue left.
- Hmmmm….if you went to play right now, what do you think would happen?
- Now have children wash hands in soap and water. Inspect hands to see how clean they are.
- Wash again to get all the residue off.
- Pretend to sneeze into your hand and talk about the germs left on your hands. Wash your hands.
- Now talk about sneezing or coughing into your elbow, and washing hands often.
3. Download the PDF by clicking the image below.
- Use as a coloring page or
- Trace child’s hand
- Draw germs on the hand tracing
- Color and post near the sink as a reminder