In Flanders Fields: The Story of the Poem by John McCrae
- Softcover32 pages
In May 2015, "In Flanders Fields," one of the most popular poems ever written on the subject of war, marked 100 years since it was written. This special edition celebrates that emotional anniversary.
John McCrae's poem has been recited by many generations who have embraced and continue to cherish its underlying message of respect for the fallen, longing for peace and its call to action.
In this award-winning book, the lines of the celebrated poem are interwoven with fascinating information about the First World War (1914-1918) and details of daily life in the trenches in Europe. Also included are accounts of McCrae's experience in his field hospital and the circumstances that led to the writing of "In Flanders Fields."
- New introduction by noted historian Dr. Tim Cook of the Canadian War Museum.
- Vibrant new painting by Janet Wilson on the cover.
- Original text, maps, and evocative paintings of the acclaimed, now classic, 1995 edition.
- An invaluable reference for classroom studies of war and remembrance.
- A lasting gift for history buffs, veterans, and families determined never to forget the sacrifices of war.
Other Items You Might Be Interested In
Request More Information