681 Search Results:
- Dear Canada: Exiles From the War
The War Guests Diary of Charlotte Mary Twiss
- Dear Canada: Flame and Ashes
Eleven-year-old Triffie knows nothing about what it means to be poor — until the disastrous fire of 1892 burns down most of St. John's, Newfoundland, leaving Triffie's family and 15,000 others homeless.
- Dear Canada: Footsteps in the Snow
Isobel's family and the other Selkirk Settlers find themselves caught in the fur-trading rivalry between the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company.
- Dear Canada: Hoping For Home
In this wonderful new short story anthology, eleven of Canada''s top children''s authors contribute stories of immigration, displacement and change, exploring the frustration and uncertainty those changes can bring.
- Dear Canada: Not a Nickel to Spare
A historical note gives readers the background of the Depression, which hit Canada harder than most other countries.
- Dear Canada: Orphan at My Door
Victoria Cope's family takes in a Home Child, a sad and quiet girl named Mary Anna.
- Dear Canada: Rebel's Daughter, A
Arabella struggles to keep her family afloat while awaiting her father's release from prison after the 1837 Rebellion.
- Dear Canada: Ribbon of Shining Steel
There is tremendous excitement surrounding the creation of the transcontinental railroad despite the danger.
- Dear Canada: That Fatal Night
In the aftermath of the Titanic disaster, a young girl must come to terms with haunting memories from the voyage.
- Dear Canada: These Are My Words
Acclaimed author Ruby Slipperjack delivers a haunting novel about a 12-year-old girl's experience at a residential school in 1966.
- Dear Canada: Trail of Broken Dreams
Harriet sets out determined to find her missing father in the gold fields of British Columbia's Cariboo.
- Dear Canada: Whispers of War The War of 1812 Diary of Susanna Merritt
On the night of the Battle of Queenston Heights, Susanna's main concern is for survival
- Dear Canada: With Nothing But Our Courage
When Mary's family sides with the British they are branded traitors and forced to flee their home.
- Defeat of the Ghost Riders: Mary McLeod Bethune
Celeste wants to believe the Klan can be defeated, but will their threats turn into burning more than crosses? Freedom in a new state, but will it come with a price?
- Défenseurs Les
Le 18 juin 1812, les Américains déclarent la guerre à la Grande-Bretagne et attaquent la cible la plus proche, le Canada.
- Delta Is My Home
Tom tells us why his home in the Mackenzie Delta is a special place and why he loves to live on the land.
- Disasters Across Canada (Amazing Stories)
Bravery in the Face of Danger and Destruction
- Discovering Canada Bundle
Purchase all eleven books in the Discovering Canada series and save.
- Discovering Canada's Government
This resource is our No. 1 pick for teaching government to middle and upper elementary grades.
- Discovering Canada: Black Heritage
The story of Canada's Black heritage in this favourite series.